Who can claim?

If you pay rent on private accommodation you may obtain rent relief.  Rent paid must be in respect of private rented accommodation used as a sole or main residence.

How much can be claimed?

For those under 55 years of age, the credit for a single person renting is €400 and for a married couple it is €800

If you are aged over 55 and single, the rent tax credit is €800 and for a married couple is €1,600

As you can see this is a considerable tax credit and one not to be missed out on, especially as we can review the last four years.

Am I entitled to a Tax Refund?

Start your application now by downloading our Application Form