Who can claim?

Joint Assessment for married persons is usually the most tax efficient way of assessment.  Under joint assessment, the tax credits and standard rate band can be allocated between spouses to suit their circumstances.

How much can be claimed?

If you are now unemployed and your spouse has taxable income, all tax credits and the standard rate band will be given to him or her.  Alternatively, if you have taken a cut in salary and now find you are not using up your full standard  rate tax band, and your spouse is being taxed at the marginal rate of tax, currently 41%, you can transfer the unused portion of your 20% band to your spouse.  This reduces the overall rate of tax paid by both of you and could potentially be worth thousands.

Am I entitled to a Tax Refund?

Start your application now by downloading our Application Form